Remember those delicious chocolate rice cakes when you were younger? I’ve made a guilt free version. You can make them into bars, put them in cupcake cups or even roll them into balls. They are a great cheeky snack for before the gym or to keep you going at work.
1/2 cup of Organic* Cacao Powder
1/2 cup of Organic* Coconut Oil
5 tablespoons of Honey / Pure Maple Syrup
1 teaspoon of pure Vanilla Extract
1 cup of Organic* Puffed Rice
1 pinch of Sea Salt
*Organic ingredients are optional but always preferred.
How To make
- Melt coconut oil and the cacao powder in small saucepan on low heat. Add honey, vanilla, and a pinch of salt and mix well.
- In a bowl, mix the puffed rice and chocolate mixture thoroughly so the puffed rice is completely covered and mixed well.
- Line a 9X5 bread pan with parchment paper. Pour in rice cereal and chocolate mixture and evenly spread the mix in tin.
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes until completely set.
- Lift parchment paper out of pan and separate the bar from paper then cut into bars
Note – Place into a container and keep in the freezer so chocolate stays set.
Hope you like this recipe, let me know what you think!